2.18.2009

Updates!

Well, it's been a while since I've blogged. To be honest, I'm not sure anyone reads it anyway...??? Ha, that's ok. If you are reading, here's updates!

My move to Franklin is inching closer!! It's a little over 2 months away and there is a ton of work to be done. We have a lot to do at the house to get it ready... painting, cleaning, putting stuff in the attic, gardening!!! (the back yard is so bad..) and so much more! But we are so excited!

In the midst of getting ready to move, I'm trying to think of a way to bless the people here in Cookeville that have meant a lot to me. People that have really impacted me and been there for me in the past 2 years. Any ideas?

I'm really going to miss this small town. Just popping in The Way With Coffee everyday and knowing each person there and just living life with them.. it's been so cool. It's the best coffee shop I've ever been to. The community is wonderful.

The biggest thing I'm going to miss is being a part of the staff here at The River. These people have been my family. I've learned so much from them. This is the closest Biblical church I've ever seen. God has such a huge hand on this church, it's crazy. Since our start 7 years ago, we've gone from 2 families to now averaging 850 people each week. But it's not about PEOPLE... it's about JESUS. And man... He has done huge things here. It's humbling to see how everyone is dedicated to what God wants and how God can use people's chioce to surrender to His will. It's scary to think that this may be the only time I see God using a church like this. But I pray everyday for Steve's vision of 5555 to become a reality. It's becoming a reality, but it will take some time.

For those of you who don't know about 5555.... In the next 32 years, we feel that God has called us to initiate the following...
5,000 disciples in Putnam County
500 new churches in TN
50 hubb churches (1 per state) that will do the same
5 countries that we will adopt

It's been cool to see how God has already begun this! So far we have 850 disciples, 6 churches in TN, 2 churches in other states, and 3 nations that we've adopted. It's time to start the charge!!

For more info, visit www.therivercc.com.

Let the revolution begin! It begins with us.

No comments: